Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Toronto sings to me!

For years, 6 to be precise... the chimes of the toronto transit system have lulled me into a happy little song that i have happily hummed as i exit into the cool breezes of the city.

Only this week did i give it anymore thought... I read someone elses musing on the little three tone chime (apparently they use the same one in chicago on the people mover) and it got me thinking... WHAT IS THAT SONG>????


(dude, this 'sax shaped trumpet is awesome don't you think!)


So, i scanned and scanned through trumpet voluntaries, sonatas, the whole lot knowing that trumpets must be key (this is my brain after all!!!)

Finally i found it:

Vivaldi, Concerto for two trumpets, C Major, R537.
The three 'chime' notes are the falling A minor Chord. 

 That's the central chord in the concerto and my adorable little mind just extrapolates from there.

Cool eh?



P.s. When i do stuff its usually for some strange mini-reason... maybe this means i'm destined for chicago!?!?

No comments: