Saturday, February 2, 2008

If you want to protect it, WRAP IT UP!!!


That was my grade eight teacher's favourite saying... i wonder how she really meant it back then, but nevertheless it bears relevance!


I love these Furoshiki wraps.... the traditional japanese way to carry parcels... usually in a square of cotton/silk.  YEAH!   i wish i could get my groceries wrapped up like this, but alas...  i'll just have to save these instructions (from the japanese ministry of the environment) for wrapping presents.  
One more way to get rid of left over fabrics!


So for a while now i've been wanting to make something for myself...  and i NEEDED an apron, so i got on a kick last night.

This one is for the kitchen!


Its modeled on the apron i scrounged from my grandmothers house, an apron my mom thinks she made back in finland in the early sixties for a school project!


This one is for Metalwork and other messy non-food things..

Its got a big pocket on the front, its flowery and sort of country which is a nice contrast to using hardcore rotary tools.... its also got a square neck sort of a fifties touch.  I love this one, and i love that i can now get to some of my grinding projects and stay crud-free!

Oh, and i put grommets in the bottom corners to allow me to hook it onto cup hooks under my table and catch all the metalbits for recasting. 

BIG SMILE!

No comments: