Thursday, November 22, 2007

P-tainstuff... and pommanders.

PROBLEM:
I'm a messy messy girl... i stand to close to the stove when i'm frying bacon, i rip tiny holes in sleeves, i destroy cuffs and collars so that otherwise simple, wearable shirts become near-rags.

SOLUTION!:
Active surplus has fabric paints on sale for 1.00 each! and i've got some silk paint sitting arround waiting for a call to action... Paint the Stains Away! Camofloaging the crummy parts of shirt and getting to out some old doodles at the same time.

Today i did four shirts:
1.HAIRBRAINED

2.BEWARE: JAZZHANDS

3.Feotal-flutter-fly


Today was a pretty productive early morning day (got up at six to make jb coffee before he left for the airport to see relatives for thanksgiving.) I window shopped after dropping off my application for finnish citizenship and it was the first snow.




Those things all make me think of family and holidays so when i spied a near-death tangerine in the fruit bowl i pulled out the cloves and got to work.
I can't really smell it now, but i think it will welcome me home with some pumpkinpie spice and cardamom

Yum, Happy Thanksgiving part II 2007!!!!

No comments: