Thursday, July 31, 2008

DOGS?: Bully me why don't you?



I tried the whole 'pet thing' with Squishy Ristimaki my late and terminally depressed beta fish and despite this particular 'flop', i'm not discouraged. 

I think i would like to be a dog person. Again.
I would like some responsibility in my life and 'dog responsibility' suits me fine. I miss it in fact.  Used to have both an Irish Setter and a Golden Retriever in my younger days.  

I know that right now, i'm excited for the new and different in my upcoming move and the school that is taking me there... but i also know 'me'. 
I am going to put this down in writing:
When i'm done school, and can move to a job that will hopefully hold the promise of a few years consistent work to pay off student loans which i'm about to accumulate, i would VERY MUCH like to have a real companion to keep my company through the whole 'working for a living' process until i can start thinking about having time for a creative career again, or working towards being a business owner, or towards getting an MFA or other Post Grad Degree.

I have always fancied a Pot-Bellied Pig, 

but i am also seriously considering dogs, and some of the breeds i'm thinking are:
Great Dane

English Bulldog
French Bulldog
or a mutt of some kind, i'm most likely to adopt a dog but in the meantime, i'll dream shall I!?!

Is it true that the dogs people choose reflect somewhat their 'look'?  If so, um, I look forward to a lazy, emotionally demanding, shorthaired, and sleepy eyed lifestyle!

Sounds kind of good really.


No comments: