Friday, December 7, 2007

Hoorah Hanukkah

More than anything... this has been the marking of a deadline for one of my personal projects, my stepmother is jewish and i've been planning to make the table runners she requested last year for her hanukkah/christmas present this year. 

Its almost one in the morning and i'm glad to be finished. 

In the spirit of burning midnight oil, i'm also glad to have learned WHAT TENSION IS FOR on my sewing machine. 
Note to self:  Lower number = less dense/resistant materials!

I'll see if i can get a picture of them on her table and post that later on... for now i'd rather not look at any more blue silk for a while.

P.S. I think i'm a sucker because i made a storage/gift bag too...
Ok.  Sleepytime.

(two days later, my father phoned to say... 'we love them', i asked him to send me a photo by email so i'll post it when/if that happens.  either way, i'm glad to have done it!

No comments: