Thursday, December 20, 2007

Fleurs D'a Fare



A long schemed project of mine is finally filing my apartment and my heart with the happiness of success!  
I've just finished stenciling and cutting out all the 'fleurs D'a Fare' for the holidays... and as prototypes for something i might try to sell to some shops arround..

They are waxed fabric flowers that you we
ar as a lappel pin, and they fold up to hold fifty cents for a phone call or a transit token... hence the name. 

I am in love with them... and i know tha
t the first incarnation will be great as gifts and will help me work out the kinks... i'm going to draw instructions that i can 
photocopy and include with them... and i still need to make pinbacks for them.  

(This is me in my p.j.'s, behind me hangs the freshly stenciled cottons drying before waxing.)
Anyhoo, happy to be getting on with 
christmas making.

No comments: