Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Dreary Schmeary!


SO:
I had a little revelation recently.

I have NOT Been taking enough pictures of my city.
I have not been treating it the way i did seattle and i am guessing that has something to do with the fact that i always compare and prefer that souf of the border city to the one i must definitely now start calling my own.

The winter here is a time for hibernation.
For most people.

In fact, for me it is a bit of a tedious balance between being uninspired in my usually challenging and inspiring full-time career, and being swamped with long and vibrant nights at my part-time evening job at the fantastic local theatre 'the cultch'.

You can read the interview they did with me just before i made the switch from volunteer to actual employee on the cultch blog here:
http://blog.thecultch.com/2010/08/volunteer-profile-meet-kiki-hastings/

I want to hibernate, the dark and the rain make me linger home on mornings when i know i should have already left for work, and equally keep me at work longer because i know i'll have to face the elements again when i do leave.
I've decided that i'm going to relish the last few months of winter by doing a little more winter exploring... i'm going to endeavour to
- go out snowshoing with some friends (finally!)
- Have a cheese fondue valentine making night
- Make blood orange and spice winter sangria
- take long exposure night photographs of this city's year round greenery and only take sepia daytime photos. Grey is depressing.

Thank goodness for vitamin d capsules!


No comments: