Sunday, September 12, 2010

are you CRACKERS?! why yes sir, i beleive i will!

I spent today slaving salivating over a hot stove.

On the menu:
Bison Meatballs with Corsican Mint, Miniquiche Muffins,

and most impressively: Whole wheat Crackers!

I made them from the bicycle ground whole wheat flour i bought at the market back in june from the flour peddler at the vancouver wednesday farmers market. Its chunky and too coarse for cakes or cookies and i hardly ever make breads… so i chose it for some seriously nubbley crackers.
Used some flat beer from my refrigerator as the binder in the mix rather than water to give it a little punch.

I’m pretty happy with these although i know that the next time i’m making them with more ‘toppings on them. these are a little plat.

Also, today was the day that i learned to really appreciate the need for twist top wine bottles. How else can you simultaneously drink a bottle of red AND use it as a rolling pin!?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I am also a Vermicomposter and would like to read more of what you write. your quite funny. Can I subscribe to this?