Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Weight Control


This is the scene of my wednesday night reality check. 

I've been 'thinking light' for the past well... i won't say how many months but i can tell you this; i've got wardrobe compaction, down to a science!!!!

Tonight i tried to squeeze all my sweet and wonderful favourites/staples into the suitcase i plan to take with me to seattle.

I will be flying internationally and therefore i can bring with me two bags each weighing under 50 lbs.

It turns out that that won't be as difficult as i expected. 

All of my careful and perhaps neurotic planning is going to good use and i will arrive, well dressed, and comfortably within the 'average weight for my economy class flying self.  I'm going to make a master manifest tonite of what i am bringing.  It will make the non-test run of packing a breeze.

I'm just going to say it, I'm very proud of my ingenuity. 
This truly feels like a TRIUMPH!

Also... I'm going to be the one woman force bringing back SHOE CLIPS!!!

You heard it here first.
How else will one pair of grey shoes go with silver/gold/navy AND black!!!!

2 comments:

sj said...

hey, just incase you can't fit everything into your two suitcase limit.. you could always try and ship a few boxes by greyhound. Brett and I shipped a crap load when we moved out west and it was super cheap.. ha ha ha brett even shipped one of his amps... although.... on the otherhand I have seen what a great packer can do.. kathryn had a floor lamp packed away in one of her bags..Amazing!

Kiki said...

She is amazing that katherine.

I just finished packing all four of my bags for the final and real time, and everthing it seems, fit into them that i want to take.

I packed mactac to make new cutouts for my room, and two lights and all of my basic kitchen stuff, my radio... I'll be alright once i get there, but i will miss my black and white t.v. with McLaughlin group on sundays.